Position: TRANSPORT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (MUARA LOCATION (JPD Class 2, 3, 4, 5, 11))
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Applicants must be based in Muara or Bandar Seri Begawan
A brief summary on the minimum job scopes:
(a) To assist managers and other service representatives in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities;
(b) To monitor, control and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals;
(c) To coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines;
(d) To ensure all deliverables comply with company standards and procedures, and to follow standard operating procedures for safe and efficient business operations;
(e) To liaise between customer and management to ensure smooth operations delivery by maintaining active and constant feedback;
(f) To build and maintain strong customer relationships through regular meetings and communications;
(g) To evaluate current operational performance and provide strategic plan for improvements;
(h) To identify problems in operational processes and resolve them in quickly and timely manner;
(i) To troubleshoot and provide problem-solving solutions and/or recommendations to resolve service issues (e. g. equipment and vehicle downtimes, maintenance issues, equipment spare parts sourcing, and etc. ) and disputes with clients;
(j) To provide direction, guidance, and supervision to subordinates in order to achieve performance targets and deliver high quality services (e. g. reviewing workers log books, time sheets, equipment/vehicle maintenance sheets, and etc. );
(k) To plan, coordinate, and allocate adequate resources (i. e. fleet control over manpower and equipment/vehicles) for each logistics jobs and all other related operations;
(l) To monitor and supervise logistics jobs as and when required.
Minimum requirements and expectations for job candidates:
• Have at least three (3) years of working experience as a supervisor in logistics, lifting and hoisting field and other related fields as a site supervisor;
• Have relevant and valid (or recently expired no more than 6 months) transport and lifting related trade certification e. g. IMS-5, IMIST, PIC, and etc.
• Have very good working knowledge for identifying and sourcing automotive mechanical hardware spare parts / heavy equipment diesel engine parts from various shops in and outside Brunei;
• Have excellent verbal communication in English, Malay and Mandarin;
• Have moderate proficiency in written English and Malay;
• Have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office products
• Treat colleagues with respect and be able to communicate well with accurate information.
• Be professional and have strong work ethic.
• Comply with company’s rules and regulations.
• Able to manage and handle work pressure and stress well.
• Complete all job tasks orderly and on time.
• Be willing to give, accept, appreciate, and learn from workplace constructive criticism with co-workers.
• Have proper etiquettes such as cleaning, refuelling, and re-greasing vehicles or equipment after use.
• Can work in teams or independently with minimum supervision.
• Possess own transportation and be willing to travel outside of Brunei (e. g. Limbang and Miri);
• Must possess JPD Driving License Class 3 (but preferable 2, 3, 4, 5, 11--because you will mentor truck drivers and trailer drivers)
In addition to fulfilling the minimum requirements, we will like to indicate our preference for candidates with the following skillsets:
• Meticulously maintains well-organized and complete records;
• Can skillfully engage in persuasive negotiations and discussions;
• Willing to learn and adapt into new roles if assigned;
• Demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and reliability;
• Enjoys problem-solving
1) All interested and qualified candidates shall register their interest in job centre portal;
2) Submit one (1) personal statement to describe their current work experience and justify why they are the suitable candidate.
In the email subject please write: APPLICATION FOR TRANSPORT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR and please provide your full name so that we can identify your registration in the job centre portal.
Please ensure that you fully comply with the instructions described in the application procedure and please take note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview.
Education Required: Ordinary National Diploma
Age: 25 - 38 years old
Driving License Class: 2--3--4--5--11
Basic Salary: B$ 700 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 20/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !